Patricia McCarthy not to contest next Election

Clare County Council's only sitting female Elected Representative and former Mayor of Clare Patricia McCarthy has announced that she will not be contesting the Local Elections this May.

Councillor McCarthy (Independent), who is also a former Mayor of Shannon, has been a member of Clare County Council since 1979 and has been represented on Shannon Town Council since it was first established in 1982.

"I feel the time is now right for me to step away from politics. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as a representative for the Shannon Electoral Area and indeed, for County Clare during my term as Mayor in 2007-2008," Cllr. McCarthy explained.

She added: "I want to thank the Electorate for having selected me as their representative over four separate decades. I have been honoured to serve on both Clare County Council and Shannon Town Council and would like to thank the staff, both past and present, of both local authorities for their assistance during this time."

"I also want to acknowledge the support of my family, friends and colleagues who have made what can be, at times, a difficult role much easier," Cllr. McCarthy concluded.
IBT 2012. Powered by Blogger.